Sunday, September 12, 2010

Chloe's first day of Kindergarten!

Wow, I can't believe that day has come. Yes she's only just starting school. But for me it's a milestone, one that makes it feel like she's getting so grown up. I won't have her at home with me all day everyday anymore. She's in someone elses hands now, and I have to have faith that she will be just fine. I hate to think of someone picking on her, or not wanting to be friends with her. But I know that even if she has those experiences that it's part of life, and I can't always be there to fight her battles for her.



She already made a friend at the bus stop

She was so brave and excited, yet just a little vulnerable


Cavan is really going to miss his sister when she's at school



Saying goodbye to daddy



This is when the tears started falling





There she goes


And here we followed


And then we jumped out and greeted her as she got off the bus. Here she is finding her teacher.



Making a new friend





Here's where the tears started pouring for a second time



She got off the bus so excited and happy when we picked her up. As hard as it is for me, I'm so happy to see her reach this milestone and be so brave and excited about it.

4 comments:

csbengoa said...

Congratulations Chloe (& family) for having a great 1st day of Kindergarten! CB

Shane said...

Awwww. So cute!

Mom's House said...

I think you need to verify that mom was the one doing the crying, not Chloe! That's ok though. The first one is really hard. Great job Chloe!

Mooninmygarden said...

Aww how sweet. I love how you followed her to school and saw her when she got off the bus too!